Friday, April 30, 2010

So Popular

"You're so popular!" Steve told me last night, as we were driving away from Walmart. It's true too. We got swarmed by about 4 or 5 ladies in the freezer aisle, all at the same time, all smiling and telling me how cute I was and wishing they were pregnant and cute like me. I'm somewhat of a celebrity these days. There was probably someone hiding behind a clothes rack, snapping paparazzi pictures of me.

It's a bit overwhelming, but funny how everyone notices me now. People who would never talk to me otherwise. And I would never bother talking to them.

Not sure how I'll handle it when the baby is here and SHE'S the popular one. I hope I can graciously give up the attention and not turn into a jealous monster mom.

OK, I'm not really worried about that. But still it's interesting how certain circumstances bring us out of our normally accepted antisocial behavior of completely ignoring the people we don't know.

1 comment:

Emily Jones said...

I know exactly how you feel. All of a sudden, people have something to talk to you about. It's just so dang exciting! Good luck!