Thursday, April 22, 2010

Food Blog

I love cooking, baking and otherwise experimenting in the kitchen. I've been wanting to start a food blog/cooking blog to document all my adventures, but haven't been able to come up with a focus for it - until now!

Here's my idea: "Five Days - Five Ways". Basically, I'll have a theme ingredient each week and try to come up with five different recipes that use it (one recipe per day, Monday through Friday). The theme ingredient will be whatever is on sale that week at our local grocery store/produce market.

The point is that sometimes there are great deals on fresh fruits, vegetables, deli and dairy products, but then I stock up on these items, don't know what to do with them (or get sick of eating them the same way) and they spoil. Then the money I saved is actually money wasted. This would force me to use up all the groceries, and help me be more creative.

So, what do you think?

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I'm excited. I was using a food blog for our recipes for a while and then one day I ran out/became completely unmotivated to cook. It's only been about a week but we're getting sick of sandwiches. Please inspire me.

lauren and ryan said...

sounds like a great idea. i love reading you, and i love food. so know that you'll have at least one faithful follower! now, go have that baby so I can meet her sweet face :)

Emily Jones said...

LOVE it! But it sounds like a lot of work if you throw a baby in the mix. (not the food, just your life) so good luck!

David said...

i was going to say pretty much the same thing. good idea! just don't forget to have the baby.