There are certain things you put up with in an apartment that you likely would not settle for in your own home. Perhaps because you are just renting, you feel no commitment to improve the apartment with your own money. Or maybe you feel the situation is temporary, and again cannot bring yourself to dig into your own pocket to repair a few minor quirks. But there comes a time when you just have to admit that you'll be here a while, and maybe that weird padded toilet seat that was here when you moved in is just a little too weird. Especially when the cheap outer covering starts to tear and reveals a weird foamy interior...
So we decided it was time. Time to get the toilet seat we always dreamed of! Who cares if we had to spend a little money, we all deserve nice things now and then - right? We found a nice (NON-padded) replacement for under $6 at Target, and Steve got to work. He's so handy!
"Seriously though, kids, don't try this at home..."
Overall, I am pleased with our new-and-improved bathroom situation. The only thing I miss about that weird padded seat is that it was never cold. I'm still getting used to the shock of sitting on an ice-cold toilet seat in the middle of the night. I guess that's the price you pay for a little luxury!
3 years ago
1 comment:
That is so funny. We found a $10 used faucet with a hose for our kitchen and I LOVE it. It is especially awesome for doing hair and being able to rinse people's heads without breaking their necks. Oh the luxuries!!
Post a Comment