Monday, November 16, 2009

Surprise, Surprise...

There are people who LOVE surprises, and others who will tell you they hate them. I discovered which group I belong to this weekend...

Steve and I had been separated for a week; he went to North Carolina on an unexpected busniess trip, and I - not wanting to be home alone - took advantage of a cheap last-minute ticket to Washington (made even cheaper by my parents generosity in paying for it!) to spend the week with my family.

So, it was exciting enough to be reunited with Steve Saturday night, but the treat he had waiting for me made it that much better...

I am almost always cold, and was actually complaining of being cold when we got home from the airport. Steve innocently suggested I slip under the covers of our bed. I did so. And that's when I discovered the surprise. Fleece sheets! In my absence he had replaced our (now-called) "summer sheets" with brand new "winter sheets". They were so soft and warm, the perfect surprise.

Maybe it's not so much that I love surprises, I think it's more that I love my husband. And it's pretty obvious that he loves me!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

That is so sweet. I "hate" surprises but really I love them. I just hate a lot of build up for something not as great as I imagine. The end.

Annie said...

Hm...i've never considered fleece sheets...this may change things up around our house.