Monday, January 12, 2015

Snack Attack Week 1

Well we made it through the whole week (until Sunday that is) with no snacking between meals, and an average of three hours between meals.

Sunday was just too hard.

We are still adjusting to the 1-4pm church schedule, so they ate way too many snacks DURING church (something I am hoping to get rid of altogether - once I work up the courage) and we had dinner on our own instead of with my parents like we normally do and there was a Relief Society fireside after church so we took a day off from the no snacking rule.

But today we're back on track and I'm hoping to continue where we left off (which has worked into a somewhat flexible routine of eating breakfast around 8:00, lunch around 11:30, a snack at about 3:00 and dinner close to 6:00). I thought I wouldn't like eating dinner later but it's actually good because we start getting the kids ready for bed with a shower/bath at about 7:00, so there's no time for a bedtime snack anymore - which used to be a good reason for Daphne to not eat much dinner, she knew she could just fill up on a bedtime snack instead.

So my goal for this week is to continue with the no eating between meals rule, and also work on meal planning. We already have our dinners planned for the week, thanks to Steve. So I just need to be better about saying "Okay, this is what we're having for lunch... Here it is... Enjoy!" Or give them limited choices, instead of asking them a wide open "What do you want to eat?", which never really works out well for anyone, in my experience.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

You are nailing it. I don't have the energy to enforce rules like that. Olive never listens anyway and I just let them eat whenever. Oh well. 5 kids has outdone me I suppose :)