Monday, January 19, 2015

2 Steps Forward, 3 Steps Back

Daphne and I got sick last week. Still not sure if it was the flu or food poisoning or what, but we pretty much had a horrible Thursday. (We watched SEVEN movies that day - literally nonstop movies - because I just couldn't do anything else! Could hardly get off the couch. Mostly I crawled everywhere and only if I absolutely had to move.) Thank goodness whatever it was only lasted 24 hours. And even though the nausea was gone by Thursday night I was still too tired to do much of anything for the next couple days, and lived off of PowerAde and Saltine crackers.

Needless to say, our regular meal schedule went out the window, and trying to enforce Quiet Time would just have been ridiculous. So now we've got to make up for that this week. I think I'll be putting Quiet Time on hold for now and focusing on other things.

Thankfully my mom lives close by and was able to come help with Alex and Zoe until Steve could come home (early) from work on Thursday to take care of us. She also brought dinner for Steve and Alex. And I'm SO grateful Alex and Zoe didn't catch whatever we had! Steve felt sick for a couple days but never actually threw up. And he spent the weekend cleaning our house which was a blessing for me (though not so good for him, since it meant giving up time to work on his talk for Sunday, and having some kind of allergic reaction to the cleaning products he used so his hands were swollen and painful!). But thanks to him, we're not starting the new week in a complete disaster.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Oh man! Such a bummer. I've heard a lot of people complain of what they thought was food poisoning. It must be a terrible quick bug. I hope this week is better!