Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Alex's 2nd Birthday

Alex turned two last October. He shares a birthday with a lady in our ward, who offered to make him the same cake she was making for herself (I pretty much never get to make my kids' birthday cakes, someone always offers to do it!) I think Alex really liked having his own cake to destroy. He was making this goofy squinting face and everyone was laughing so he loved it even more.

Happy Birthday Alex!


I love how Daphne is right there helping him with his cake. He's pretty good about sharing.

His big present was going to be this train set Steve found at Costco, but once he had it all set up and I realized it was a battery-operated kind that moved on its own and made lots of noises and sang songs etc., and we saw that there was only one little train and Daphne and Alex were already fighting over it, I had to be the Party Pooper and asked Steve to return it and find something else. So we got some play food instead (because **spoiler alert!** we already knew Santa was planning to bring Daphne a play kitchen for Christmas) and the kids had a lot more fun with that. Luckily Alex was young enough that we could get away with a birthday switch like that.

He also got a big police car toy from his Iowa grandparents who were in town for his birthday (and Zoe's baby blessing) and he still loves playing with that as well. He probably got a few other things but I don't remember, besides piles of new clothes from my parents (and just in time! he was growing out of everything!)

No comments: