We went to a little local farm this week. They let you feed the animals and ride their horses for a small fee. There were chickens, goats, rabbits, sheep, horses, a pig, and a peacock. I wasn't sure how it was going to go but it ended up a success. Both Daphne and Alex were a bit nervous at first (more like throwing the food at the animals, or dropping it right before they could take a bite) but eventually they warmed up to it and had a lot of fun, and actually waited for the animals to take the food from their hands.
I think Alex's favorite animal was the peacock, which he called a "chee-TAH". He kept wanting to go back and find it. He also liked watching the other animals and was pointing and babbling on about them pretty much nonstop.
Daphne has been asking for a long time now, "When will I be old enough to ride a horse?" So she was pretty excited to finally get her chance. She didn't seem nervous at all!
She also enjoyed getting to hold a couple of the rabbits. I think she named this one "Snowball".
I realized I'm kind of a germaphobe. We took advantage of every bottle of hand sanitizer they had, and I still didn't really want to let the kids eat our lunch there. But everyone else was doing it! Somehow we survived.
Despite their seemingly grumpy-looking faces, they really did have fun! I just can't seem to get a normal, happy, smiling picture of either one of them lately.
3 years ago
1 comment:
Our kids aren't great for pictures lately, either..but this looks super fun so I promise if you took me I'd smile for all of them :)
Post a Comment