When it comes to holidays, I am pretty much the worst at making them special. I get all kinds of big ideas but then I never follow through. Here are some pictures to prove it.
Easter
For Easter, we had an Easter egg hunt and the kids got some new clothes. I think that was pretty much it. I remember they had fun looking for the eggs though, and Alex was old enough this year to participate, and Daphne was kind enough to let him.
Daphne's Birthday (4)
Here's the perfect example of "not following through". Daphne has been asking for green cupcakes with green frosting and green sprinkles since her birthday LAST YEAR (note: this is also what she had for cake last year). So I knew that would be happening. But then my neighbor offered to make them so I didn't know what else to do. Then, about a week before her birthday she decides she wants an "Elsa party" (from the movie Frozen). I made up a whole Pinterest-board of Frozen Birthday Ideas, but in the end Steve picked up some Frozen-themed paper plates and cups and napkins to eat our pizza and cake with, and that was about as "Elsa" as we got. She was satisfied but I still felt a little lame for not even cutting up a few paper snowflakes. Oh well. There's always next year!
Mother's Day
Here's where we break the mold, probably because Steve took charge. He and Daphne snuck downstairs before I woke up to make me some Mother's Day cards and breakfast in bed. It was totally unexpected and I loved it! Daphne sung with the Primary for the first time so that was fun too. She even knew most of the words.
3 years ago
2 comments:
I always have way good intentions of fancy things to do and I never follow through. Especially lately. It's our anniversary on father's day and we bought a TV and said that's our present...and I'm not planning on doing much else....You're pregnant! Give yourself a break :)
pinterest makes me hate myself. its the worst.
Post a Comment