Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Baby #3...

...is a girl!

We all went to the ultrasound today, which was a little risky because it was right during Alex's naptime. Steve handled him pretty well though, and Daphne was entranced with the ultrasound pictures. Right from the start, she was making comments like, "Oh look at that cute baby! It's so cute! Aww, what a cute baby! Oh look there's the head! Look at it's cute little head!" etc. When the ultrasound technician announced that it was a girl she was SO happy. "It's a girl?! Just what I wanted! Daddy! It's a girl! It's a baby girl! I can't believe it! It's a GIRL!" I was trying so hard not to laugh but my belly was shaking a bit anyway.

So far, she looks healthy and properly developed so that's the best news, and we're all excited for another girl to join the family! Well, except for maybe Alex, who probably has no idea what's going on, and will probably have the most adjusting to do when she arrives.

Also, we need to find a name that Daphne and Steve can agree on. The debate on the drive home was not pretty. It ended in tears for one of them. I won't say who.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Yay!!!!!! I love that Daphne was so excited. What a cute girl. She'll be the best big sister. I am so excited for you!!!

Alissa Jane said...

I just found out you had a blog and have read the last few entries! Definitely an entertaining read! Daphne sounds hilarious. Hope I get to see you guys soon!
And congrats on baby #3! She's lucky to have you as a mom!