Daphne actually loves to go to the dentist, which is nice. I think we've taken her every six months since she was 18 months old and she's only had one "bad" visit where she wouldn't let the hygienist do anything. Though I think that particular hygienist was not very experienced with little kids. Anyway, when Steve and I had our dentist appointments on Saturday, she was disappointed because she wanted to go too - and waiting until HER appointment the following Tuesday was not easy. So here she is pretty happy to finally be up in the big chair.
She did great, only squirming a little bit during the polishing. But I can't blame her, I hate that gritty texture myself. Even so, with a little coaxing she let the hygienist finish. And she was more than happy at the end to get her new toothbrush and balloon (both green, of course) and a couple little toys from the basket. She made sure to get one of everything for Alex as well. Always looking out for her brother (she asks for stickers for herself AND her brother at grocery store check-outs, or a hand stamp for both of them when we leave Costco).
Alex was supposed to have his first "happy visit" this time, but he is sick (AGAIN) with an ear infection, cough, runny nose - so we decided to wait until he is feeling better. He certainly kept me busy though - only interested in watching Daphne's cleaning for the first few minutes, and then afterward trying to escape in every way possible and find anything and everything that I didn't want him to touch. He's smart like that.
3 years ago
1 comment:
I hate the gritty texture, too! What are these hand stamps at Costco you speak of? No, I bought the pre-made Winco pizza dough this time.
Post a Comment