Friday, May 3, 2013

Just a Trifle

Until yesterday, I had never made a trifle.

But a trifle needed to be made for our Relief Society meeting, so I volunteered.

I had to borrow the bowl.

Luckily, it turns out making a trifle is all about messing things up. And I'm pretty good at messing things up.
 
But just to be safe, I enlisted the help of a professional.


We put our destructive skills together and got to work.

Seriously though, how many recipes do you know with steps like "bake a pan of brownies and destroy it"?

 
Turns out my expert messer-upper is also a good cleaner-upper. When the cleaning-upping involves licking a spoon.

 
Which is good because there were a LOT of spoons to lick (brownie batter, cream cheese filling, chocolate pudding, cream cheese filling and chocolate pudding combined, cool whip...)

 
I think it turned out all right. At least it tasted good even if it didn't look too pretty. (Besides being all about messing things up, I think trifles are also supposed to look nice.)

 
Here's the recipe I (mostly) followed. It's basically a giant dirt cup, but I guess Oreo Brownie Trifle sounds a trifle more impressive (haha).
 
We even saved a little for Daddy.



1 comment:

Rachael said...

That looks so good! I've never made one either. Daphne is getting so big!