1. He came home early from work...
2. ...with five bouquets of roses!
3. He arranged for the kids to spend the night with Grandma and Grandpa so that I could sleep all. night. long.
4. We went to the Seattle temple.
5. And out to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory.
He wanted to completely surprise me by just coming home early on Friday and going from there, but when you leave a breastfeeding baby with someone else for the night, you have to plan ahead a little bit. Especially when that baby absolutely refuses to take formula.
So he just surprised me a few days earlier. Which was good for other reasons as well (like the fact that I probably still would have been un-showered and in my PJs if he came home unexpectedly at 1:30 in the afternoon).
It was such a nice day (and night) and I can't believe that after only five years, Steve has learned to read my mind. I didn't ask him for anything, but this is exactly what I wanted. Actually no - it was better.
When I realized (about a week before) that our anniversary was coming up soon, I was thinking how long it had been since we'd been able to go to the temple, and how nice it would be to sleep through the night. But I didn't really think either would be possible.
I thought MAYbe we could make it to the temple and back before Alex needed to be fed again. And if I pumped some milk then we could even go to dinner afterward without feeling too rushed. I thought MAYbe Daphne could spend the night at my parents' house so at least we could have some quiet time after Alex went to bed. But then (typical me) I forgot to ask my mom and never mentioned it to Steve but it didn't even matter because he figured it all out on his own and it was even better than I hoped for!
The flowers were beautiful. Of course being in the temple was wonderful and dinner was delicious. Sleeping through the night was amazing. But mostly it was just nice to have so much uninterrupted time with my husband.
I'm so grateful that Steve did all this for me, and grateful to my family for helping to make it all possible. It was a very happy anniversary!
2 comments:
What a sweet husband. That sounds amazing! Perfect way to celebrate 5 years of marriage!!
congrats! you made it 5 years :) Ours is coming up at the end of the month too.
Hey, if you email me that picture - I'll make you famous on my blog! Love ya! Let's do it again next time I'm in town.
Post a Comment