Here are some funny things Daphne has said...
One night before Alex was born I was having contractions. Steve asked Daphne if the baby was going to come. She said (in a sort of panicky tone), "It's too dark, it's too late - sorry!"
Another day after dinner Steve was tinkering with our gas fireplace. Daphne and I were still in the kitchen, so we couldn't see him but she could hear that he was up to something. She asked, "What's Daddy doing?" I said I didn't know, to which she quickly responded, "Who cares?!"
Sometimes I am exactly the kind of mother I swore I would never be. Like the other day when Daphne wanted brownies and ice cream for breakfast and I was too tired to argue so, yes, we had brownies and ice cream for breakfast. (This wouldn't have been SO bad, if we hadn't eaten ice cream for lunch the day before...) Anyway, Daphne must have sensed this was a little taboo because on both occasions she said, rather confidentially, "Let's not tell Daddy, okay?"
Just this past weekend Daphne got to spend the night at my parents' house. The morning of the big sleepover she asked if she could watch a movie. I said "No we have to get ready to go to Grandma's house. Remember you get to sleep there?" Clearly upset, she let out a big, disappointed sigh and said "Man!" Surprised by her lack of enthusiasm I simply said, "What?" And she said (in an over-the-top happy voice this time), "I said 'Ah! MAN!' Cuz I'm so excited!"
When I check my email Daphne is usually on my lap. When I sign out of my inbox it automatically goes to the MSN news page. As the headlines flash by with pictures of whoever the news is about, Daphne will say "We can forget about HIM!" (Probably she is afraid I will be tempted to click on one of the pictures and read the article and therefore spend even more time not giving her my full attention.)
My parents' have a room full of toys at their house for when Daphne comes over. There is also a bed in there, for guests. But Daphne believes everything in this room, including the bed, belong to her. So she took it personally when we came over one day and the bed was unmade. "What?!" she said. "Josh messed up my bed. He's a little darn-it boy!"
Daphne had her face a little too close to Alex one day. Suddenly he leaned forward and their heads collided. Daphne said, "Alex, YOU bonked ME. You are the worst man. You are ever the worst man!"
One Sunday at church Daphne was getting a little too noisy with her aunt and uncle, so Steve whispered for her to come sit by him, to which she loudly replied, "No! Never!" (actually this is her response to just about anything she doesn't want to do, but I'm sure it seemed even more melodramatic in church)
Daphne woke up this morning near the end of my workout DVD. She came downstairs and watched me for a minute. I guess I was huffing and puffing at this point because she soon corrected me. "No Mommy, the girls are not going (mimicking my heavy breathing) 'huh! huh! huh!". I tried to explain to her that the girls on the TV were not as tired as I was...
3 years ago
2 comments:
That girl is hilarious! I love how smart and clever she is, just like her mama!
Love it, especially the workout video! Daphne is awesome!
Post a Comment