Monday, March 21, 2011

Top 10

In honor of Daphne being ten months old (plus a few days... or weeks) I made a list of ten things I love about her right now...

1. If she wanders off and then realizes she can't see me, she waits until I find her before running off any further (well, sometimes).
2. When she gets excited about something, she starts to dramatically hyperventilate (especially when she hears the front door opening, meaning someone new is about to show up).
3. She will bring me a book and then lean into me - indicating (I think) that she wants me to read to her. But she's usually gone by the second page. Or giving the book to someone else.
4. She likes my hair - playing with it, pulling it, covering my face with it. The best is when I'm looking away and she's playing with my hair and then she suddenly leans forward to see my face as if she's not sure I'm still there behind it all.
 5. She dances with her whole body - rocking back and forth on her legs, punching side to side with her arms, bobbing her head up and down. It's awesome.
6. Even though she is perfectly capable of drinking from her sippy cup without assistance (and has been for months), she still likes to make me hold it up for her.
7. She likes to stand on her head - see for yourself! She does this a dozen times a day. Or more.
8. She loves being outside. This could be partially because she is hardly ever outside, but I hope as it warms up and dries out we can have all kinds of outdoor adventures.
9. She points at everything. Everywhere. All the time. Steve pointed out (ha, ha) that as soon as you take her out of her crib after a a nap she is pointing at things all over the room.
10. She is growing up so fast! Of course this is a bittersweet thing. I can't believe she is almost 11 months old which is almost one year! But it is so fun to watch her learn about the world and to see more of her personality. I love that the most.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

That is so fun. She is darling!! I'm sorry I'm the worst at e-mailing you back! I love to read e-mails and I'm not great at writing back. I'll be better, promise.

Megan said...

How exciting! Ten months! She is absolutely adorable!