The day did not start off well. Mostly because it started at 2:00am with a crying Daphne who continued to cry for the next two and a half hours. When she woke up again at 6:45, I was exhausted. And of course she didn't go down for her morning nap like she usually does. So it was not shaping up to be a good day. But then...
Steve offered to take Daphne on a daddy-daughter date to Costco. I gratefully accepted and ran upstairs to bed as soon as they were out the door (or maybe even before...). When I woke up I was greeted by a bouquet of my favorite flowers and a thoughtful card "from Daphne" (though the handwriting looked suspiciously like her father's...) And THEN...
Steve took me to Olive Garden. And Daphne slept almost the whole time we were there so we could just enjoy our lunch together. And when she woke up Steve fed her her cereal so I could finish eating. And then we had fun couch hopping at a nearby furniture store (even Daphne was enjoying it), trying to get some ideas for when we buy a house.
So it turned out to be a pretty good day after all.
Hopefully we can sleep better tonight.
3 years ago
1 comment:
What a sweet husband!! I'm glad you recovered from such a terrible night!!
Post a Comment