Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Very Unexpected

I'm supposed to "sleep when the baby sleeps." I try to. But at some point, things need to get done around the house. Most days I do all right as far as getting enough rest. And I don't have too much trouble putting sleep before less important things (like dusting the furniture, for example). But I know I'm really tired when even eating becomes a chore - one more thing I have to do before I can take a nap. And though I never expected to feel this way, sometimes I find myself wishing I could survive without having to eat so much! SOMEtimes... but then Steve comes home with a pint of Ben&Jerry's ice cream and suddenly I'm very grateful to be allowed 2500 calories a day. Gotta love breastfeeding!

3 comments:

Mary said...

aw memories! i know you are probably sick of hearing it--but it DOES get SOO much better trust me- the older they get the easier things get esp once you get used to you new "normal" - in all of your "free" time you should get some more pics up of the lil girly!

lauren and ryan said...

my oh my, i sure wish i felt that way about eating. even when i'm extremely sleep deprived, i think i know my priorities. food. mmmm. so when do i get to meet daphne in real life? she is such a sweet little thang.

Rachael said...

Breastfeeding is the best!!