Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Bit of Light Reading

I started reading a book a few days before going into labor. I read almost half of it. Then I had a baby. I don't think I read a single page in the first month after Daphne was born. It has taken me up til now to read the second half (almost 8 weeks!). That is painfully slow for me, but finishing that book was awesome. It was like proving to myself that yes, I'm a mom now, but I'm also still ME. On top of that, I had no idea the book was actually the first in a series, so when it ended I was like WHAT?! what happens next?! I love that feeling. I've missed reading! (The book, by the way, is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I recommend it.)

4 comments:

Rachael said...

That book is the beeeeeeeeeeeeeest. And there's a second one and the third comes out in August. Can't wait!!!

Kelsey Danielle said...

What the third one is coming out this summer!! I LOVE those books!

Laurita said...

Loved that book. Love that you can still read. I have a friend in Boston that is an AVID reader and she just reads aloud to her little babes so she can still get her reading in. Maybe worth a try?

Emily Jones said...

You are like the 10th person I've known that loves that book. So I went out and bought it and now Christian and I are reading it together. It's good so far. :) Thanks for the recommendation.