Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Garden Update

Though the recent rain and colder temperatures have slightly dampened my spring fever - it's not completely wiped out. Steve helped me get started by taking care of the manly stuff.

Like pulling the really BIG weeds...
And taming the Ugly Bush (to allow more sunlight - we'd both prefer to uproot the whole thing, but part of the joy of renting is learning to work around the scary foliage your landlady happens to love)...
And searching for black widow spiders (not just a silly precaution - we have found two in this very spot!)...
So now I have a less spidery, more sunny, partially weeded patch of dirt. What am I going to do next?!
This picture was taken before the taming of the Ugly Bush, but hopefully it gives you an idea of what I'm working with - not much. Still, there's potential for greatness... I think... Either way, I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

lauren and ryan said...

you are fun. i want to garden with you. and let me know when you find a great recipe for bread. i would really like to know.