Maybe it's all these pregnancy hormones... but lately my interests have been all about homemaking. First I want to grow a garden. Now I want to bake my own bread. Not just once, for fun - but all the time. No more store-bought loaves for me! (Unless of course it turns out to be more trouble than it's worth... which is likely...)
Here's my first attempt.
Results? Good taste, but too crumbly. Great for toasting - not so much for sandwiches. And I'll use less yeast next time. I like my bread a little heavier. Overall - definitely edible, but not worth switching to homemade entirely. The search continues!
3 comments:
You cute little nester, you. We all handle it differently. While I was preggers with Hazel I checked out "The Complete Organic Pregnancy" and went crazy with organic products, living and being green. I'm crazy like that...well not as much anymore. This time I've been rearranging a ton. Fresh baked bread sounds delicious!
I got a bread machine at a garage sale for $10. I just use it to make dough. It does the mixing and kneading and then I take out the dough and use it to make bread, pizza, rolls, you name it! It is REALLY easy, cheap, and delicious. And I love the recipe I use too. So let me know if you want it.
Good job on being so domestic! Do it while you can! :)
Way to go! Your loaf looks perfect. I found the process much easier with lecithin, and yeast enhancer.
Post a Comment