Thursday, January 14, 2010

Remember Christmas?

It was only a few weeks ago, really, but I feel like we are already well on our way into the new year! Still, I thought I'd better write a few notes about Christmas, before it's too late.

We had a wonderful time at home with my family in Washington. Because of his work schedule, the earliest Steve could join us was Christmas Eve, but my sister and I arrived on the 19th. We celebrated David's birthday on the 20th, then spent the rest of our pre-Christmas days making lots of good-tasting-but-bad-for-you foods. We had a blast. Here's my mom and sister at work...

Christmas Eve we opened up new pajamas and did our traditional semi-irreverent acting out of the Nativity while Dad videotaped and Mom narrated from Luke 2. I didn't have to use a pillow for my role as Mary, but I forgot to grab a prop to represent the baby Jesus. Hopefully that's not a sign of future absent-minded motherness. Christmas Day was a mess of wrapping paper and presents and lots of fun. Grandma and Grandpa Pugmire made a guest appearance for dinner. (pictured below: Dad, Grandpa, Grandma, Mom)

After Christmas, we had just a few days of sunny weather, so Steve FINALLY got to go to Seattle and see the Space Needle and ride a ferry boat and all those Seattle things. (He had visited 5 times before this, and limited time or bad weather always prevented us from showing him the sights.) I think he enjoyed it. This is a picture taken from on top of the Space Needle. Beautiful day!

We also spent a day up at the Snoqualmie ski resort, where everyone but me enjoyed either skiing, snowboarding or tubing. Apparently those activities are all frowned upon for pregnant women. So I read a book in the cafeteria. I wasn't too disappointed though, and glad everyone else had a good time. Plus I got to stay warm.

The rest of the time we just played games (cards and Wii) and watched movies. New Years Eve was pretty low-key, just the family at home. New Years Day we went to the grandparents and saw some aunts, uncles and cousins. We ate a lot and played games. Mostly I played with my little cousin Ryan, who kept making up games and convincing me to play along. Good times!

My parents took Steve and me out to dinner on our last night, and it was nice to have some "couples only" time. We had fun looking at baby stuff after dinner. My dad said it "made it seem more real". My mom got to feel the baby kick. All in all it was a great visit! I always love going home and I'm so grateful that Steve fits in so well with my family.

No comments: