For Christmas, all the kids in my family received a little notebook, with some simple instructions. Each notebook was meant to be a "gratitude journal" for each person, where you write down three things you are grateful for - every day. You have probably heard this idea before - or something similar. I know I had, several times in fact. But it wasn't until my parents actually put the notebook in my hand that I finally decided to do it.
It's great! I have kept up with it so far, and I love doing it. It's surprisingly easy to come up with three things a day, and it has been interesting to note the patterns that are already appearing. For example - on most days, at least one thing I give thanks for has to do with my husband. Also, most "things" I write about are not really "things" in the tangible sense. In other words, my entries are not lists of possessions, but more often lists of good experiences or lessons learned.
I highly recommend this daily exercise! It helps me appreciate the little blessings that I might otherwise forget, take for granted, or never even notice. Try it! I know you'll love it.
3 years ago
2 comments:
I'm going to do this. Maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow. But someday. And when I do... you will be one of the first things on my list. Thanks for the idea!
I'm so excited to come see you guys in a few weeks! Yay!
mine's still blank :-/
Post a Comment