Monday, March 23, 2009

Look Out!

Here's my sweet new ride. It's the first time I've owned a bike since receiving one for my 8th birthday! I'm pretty excited. Steve tells me it's a really nice bike - a "beginner's" mountain bike with great shocks and tires, fancy brakes and trigger shifting and whatnot. I tell him I like it because it's pink.

But you know how they say you can remember certain things, no matter how long it's been? "Don't worry, it'll come back...just like riding a bike!" WE-ell... in my case that's not entirely accurate. I mean I can ride it all right, but I'm still re-learning some of the finer points of the bicycle. Like how to turn. And shift gears. And maybe I get a little nervous when cars drive past me. Steve is very patient. And he always takes the street-side of the bike lane. What a hero!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

So cute!! I love your new ride. I rode my neighbor's new bike a couple months ago. I felt like a complete retard. I guess I've kind of lost it too. I love your bike, though.

Kelsey Danielle said...

wow it's sooooo good to hear from you!! How are you doing?? It looks like you are happily married to a great guy! LIving in UT?? We are in Kent. Next time you come to town we will have to get together... I didn't know you were friends with Rachael.. she's awesome! well take care I'm excited to keep in touch!

Rachael said...

Christie, I'm so excited you're coming up to Kent. I'll have you and Kelsey over for lunch one day. Sound fun!?! Call or e-mail me. My phone number is (253) 216-6484 Love you!!

Kelsey Danielle said...

Alright give me a call when you get in town and we'll do lunch at my place. I'll call Rach and i'm sure she'll come! 253-236-4927 let me know what day works best for you!

Kelsey Danielle said...

ha ha I just read rachael's comment... we will figure out who's house and we'll let you know... just let us know what day is best for you