Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Daphne Says...

Me: Hey Alex! Did you have a good sleep?
Daphne: What did you say?
Me: I asked Alex if he had a good sleep.
Daphne: Alex can't talk yet Mom.

Daphne drew a picture. I asked her what it was. She told me a story.

"Far ago there was lovely children and nice children and mean children. Far ago there was a mean octopus, then he changed into a nice octopus."

She turned the picture upside down when the octopus "changed". I could see then she had tried to draw an octopus like those frowny faces that turn upside down and then they are smiley faces. If you know what I mean? I wouldn't have had any idea without the story, but afterwards I was pretty impressed.

Daphne was being kind of a stinker one day. I said something about what good girls do and don't do. So then she tagged that on to whatever she was doing. "Good girls kick balls. Good girls pick their noses."

Daphne likes to make wishes lately. I guess she didn't believe it when Cinderella said "if you tell a wish, it won't come true." Here are a few of her wishes...

"I wish we had a cat. A REAL cat."
"I wish we could go camping."
"I wish sometime we can have a camp-out."
"I wish we had brownies."
"I wish I had a big girl bike."
"I wish I had a baby Alex." (Me: You do!) "But I wish I had a baby GIRL too." (She has been talking a lot lately about me having a baby girl. Like, for weeks. Maybe even months.)
"I DON'T wish I had a _______." (A boy in her nursery class who likes to hit and push.)

Daphne: I need some exercise from Jillian. (Jillian Michaels)
Me: You do?
Daphne: Yeah 'cause all my breath is going out!

She likes to know where things are made and of course a lot are "Made in China". She stated one day "I'm NOT made in China! I'm made in California!" True, very true.

Daphne: Hey Mom, Alex wants his shaky ball thing.
Me: What shaky ball thing?
Daphne: The one has all the beads on it.
Me: Hmm... I don't know where it is.
Daphne (very excited): OH! I think it's upstairs! Go get it! Fast as you can! And I can come too! And let's bring Alex - come on!

Coming home from church one day we noticed that Daphne's name had been misspelled on her coloring page. We said something about it and she fell to her knees, let out a big sigh, and said "They are the worst teachers ever!" (I think there were subs that day. She actually really likes her teachers.)

Someone said something about a brain. Can't remember the conversation but Daphne responded "I don't have a brain!"

Daphne pushed Alex and he fell against the wall. Not hard, but still - she definitely did it on purpose. I said "Daphne that's not nice! Would you like it if I pushed YOU into the wall?" She responded matter-of-factly, "No, I'm not a baby anymore."

A friend was over and her pants were riding a bit low. Daphne exclaimed, "I can see your butt, girl!"

"Look Mom! I'm getting all my crazies out, running and kicking this ball!" A little while later, sitting down to breakfast she warned me, "Mom, my crazies are coming back!"

After making Alex laugh a lot, Daphne told me, "I love Alex, and he loves me. And when he gets bigger we will do lots of fun stuff together... play chalk... share toys..." Then, noticing I had replaced an empty tissue box, she added, "And when our snot comes out we can wipe it 'cause we got new tissues!"

After several months of being fully potty-trained, Daphne randomly, proudly exclaimed, "Finally I can pee on toilets now!"

Daphne: Let's make s'mores.
Me: Okay, how do we make them? We need marshmallows right?
Daphne: Yes but you have to marsh 'em. (she means roast them)
Me: Okay, then what?
Daphne: Then you need some chocolate. Then you just put it on some graham crappers!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

She seriously cracks me up. She is SO SMART! Noah thinks China is the best because his kindergarten best friend was Chinese so he's always excited when he sees something we own was made in China :)

Emily Jones said...

What a funny girl! Thanks for a good laugh. We need to get our kids together someday. I bet they'd love each other! :)