Friday, July 19, 2013

I Hate IHOP

Last night my mom invited me and the kids to IHOP. We got there, ordered our drinks and started looking at the menus. Daphne got chocolate milk. She drank some of it, decided what she wanted to eat, made a weird coughing noise, and threw up all over the table. Needless to say, we did NOT order anything more, cleaned up as best we could, and headed home. I guess I shouldn't say I *hate* IHOP. It's not their fault. They didn't even charge us for the chocolate milk.

But wait, there's more...

So Daphne LOVES pancakes and she was pretty excited yesterday to be going to a restaurant devoted to pancakes, and pretty disappointed when we had to leave early. I decided her throwing up was a result of getting carsick (it wouldn't be the first time, and it always seems to involve chocolate milk). So we decided to try again tonight. Without the chocolate milk.

Big mistake.

We made it there just fine. Even got to order AND eat our food. Everything seemed okay, except that Daphne didn't eat much. We finished our meals, boxed up most of Daphne's, and headed home. We made it all the way to my mom's house without incident.

Then the fun began.

It takes about two minutes to drive from my mom's house to mine, and in that two minutes Daphne threw up at least three times and it was EVERYWHERE! She managed to soak herself, her car seat, the seat under her car seat, the back of my seat, the floor and her door. Oh, and her box of leftovers.

Somehow I got both kids in the house. Gave Daphne a bath while both she and Alex cried. Put Alex to bed. Plugged Daphne into a movie and called my mommy.

Thank goodness she lives so close (just two minutes, remember?). She came right over and we cleaned up as best we could. I'm still not sure the smell will come out. Yikes. Why don't I own Febreze?

(If you were wondering where Steve was during all this, the answer is Canada. So don't judge him too harshly for not helping. I'm sure he would have.)

1 comment:

Rachael said...

We're not fans of IHOP, either. I think we've been once and the food wasn't great and the prices seemed high. I hate carsickness. Noah threw up a lot once his car seat was facing forward.