Thursday, August 29, 2013

Happy Birthday Dear Daphne

Okay so I am way behind on this - actually on a lot of things - but Daphne turned three in May. At the time I would have said something like "wow, I can't believe she's three already!" but as she's been three for almost four months now, I'm starting to believe it. And she's already starting to talk about birthday number four.

Anyway, here are a few pictures from the big day...

The boys (my Dad, Steve and Alex), strolling around my parents' backyard, trying to keep Alex out of the sun. It was pretty warm that day.
 And very bright... (Daphne on the hammock, if you couldn't tell)
For probably several months before her birthday, anytime anyone would ask what she wanted she would say the same thing, "Green cupcakes with green frosting and green sprinkles." (No, there is not already a cupcake missing. That's just how many the recipe made.)
I guess she liked them - too good to even put down for the picture!
As a result of telling EVERYone that she wanted "green cupcakes with green frosting and green sprinkles," our neighbor brought some over a day or two later. I think you can tell by her face that she didn't mind having more green cake. Although, really, she only eats the frosting.
Besides the cupcakes she got quite a few other gifts. Summer clothes, new swimsuit, sunhat, sunglasses, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, and a pink splash pool, and some Dragon Tales DVDs (her favorite show, by default, because it's the only show she knows about, because we don't watch TV). There might have been a few other presents but I can't remember now.
Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Oh my goodness! She is so darling. I love the green cupcakes :)