Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sugar and Spice

Daphne may be a little girl, but she is made of more than "sugar and spice and everything nice". Or maybe she just got a little more spice than sugar. Either way, here are some of the funny things she has said lately...

Getting home from church on Sunday...
Daphne: Is it OK I can watch a movie?
Me: No Daphne, it's Sunday.
Daphne: On Sunday Jesus says, "Yes you CAN watch a movie!"

Debating what to make for lunch...
Steve: Should we make pasta?
Daphne: No! Pancakes is the best!
Steve: But pasta is good too.
Daphne: No! It's NOT good!
Me: You like pasta.
Daphne: I don't like pasta anymore - just pan-ku-kus (Eastvedt word for pancakes). NOT pasta. I'll just dump it out on the floor!

We decided to make pancakes. I mentioned that we needed to grind more wheat because we were out of flour. Daphne must have misunderstood and thought we were changing the menu to plain wheat, because this is what she had to say about that...

Daphne: NOT wheat! I spit it out on the floor - BLECH!

During one of her (frequent) time-outs she sees her little brother crawling by and gets excited...
Daphne: Alex! Help me! Alex!Help me! I'm over here! In time-out!
(Alex keeps crawling, coming closer to her)
Daphne (very happy now): Look Mom! Alex is helping me! (to Alex) Good job, boy!
(Alex keeps crawling, now getting further away)
Daphne: No Alex! No! Come back! (crying now) AAAAALLLLEEEEEXXXXXX!!! Come BAAAAAAACK!!!


Playing with one of our old cell phones...
Daphne: I'm texting Kelsey now... Look her sent me a picture! Her's eating a kit-kat bar... Look her's eating her HAIR!...
(At this point Daphne started pushing buttons on the phone and speaking slowly as if she was really texting this) "Kellll...seeeey...youuuu....arrrree....the....worrrrrst!"

Writing something on paper with a crayon (and speaking out loud as if dictating whatever she is scribbling)...
Daphne: "Dear Friends, I am sick. Don't ever ask again."

During a battle for bedtime...
Daphne: I'm NOT going to sleep! I'll just get out of my bed and play ALL NIGHT!

We were at the dentist, watching a video of a monkey brushing his teeth (weird, I know). Then while she was distracted, the hygienist started a new video, this time of a person brushing his teeth. When Daphne looked back at the screen she shouted, "Look! He changed into a MAN!"

In the car, playing with a toy she got at the dentist...
Daphne: Hey everybody look at my bottom! Hey everybody look at my bottom! Hey everybody look at my bottom!
Me: Why do you want everyone to look at your bottom?
Daphne: Not me! The crab (her new toy) is saying that!

A Song by Daphne...
Hey! My sister called
and her said
"What are you doing in the bathroom?!"
And I say
"Pooping or peeing!"
(she sings a lot of songs about pooping and peeing... but hey at least she's potty trained!)

After watching several Mormon Messages videos on lds.org (at Daphne's request), I start to check my email...
Daphne: I said DON'T check your email! I'm going to throw a snowball in your FACE!
Me (trying not to laugh): What? That's not very nice. Why are you saying mean words to me?
Daphne (encouraged by my trying not to laugh face): When the snow comes down I will make a snowball and throw it in your face. Really fast!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

She is spicy! And hilarious!!! I love her.

Emily Jones said...

Ha ha, oh my gosh. That girl does have some spice! I can see some of the Manning humor coming out in her already! My favorite was "Kelsey, you are the worst". So funny!