I got a bit carried away with Halloween this year. I'm not sure why because I'm really more of a Christmas person, and now I'm all burned out (more on that later).
So here's what we did for Halloween... Feeling the spirit of it, but not wanting to spend a lot - I tried to get creative. Instead of a $10 ready-made spiderweb, I made my own out of a $2 ball of yarn (which of course I used less than 1/4 of... so really it cost maybe 50 cents? probably even less than that)
I should say 50 cents and 2 blisters. Braiding that much yarn is not good for your hands.
Next we have my tin can lanterns. I wanted to make tons of them and hang them everywhere... but I only made six. And put them on our porch steps. Still fun.
Here are my favorite decorations... spooky window silhouettes made of black posterboard and orange tissue paper. Definitely the most difficult, but I was really pleased with the effect. (Pictures taken from inside the house during the day, they are meant to be seen from outside at night when your lights are on... but still, you get the idea)
Moving on to our pumpkin. I have yet to carve a jack-o-lantern that I'm truly proud of, but Daphne seemed to think it was good enough...
Maybe even good enough to eat?
And the last thing we decorated was our daughter. And here she is!
Steve and I were going to dress up as a cowboy and cowgirl, but never made it to the thrift store for costumes. And though we took her to our church's Halloween party, she didn't really do any trick-or-treating. Just visited the neighbors on either side of us to show off the costume. She doesn't need the candy and we REALLY don't need the candy so it seemed silly to go all over the place collecting it. In fact, we still have a bowl full of dum-dums, since we only got about 10 trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood. That's what I get for buying the cheap stuff...
Hope you didn't mind a little Halloween in December. I don't know for sure what I'm going to do about this blog. For now I'm just trying to catch up before the end of the year.
2 comments:
Yay!!!!!!! I was hoping you'd come back.
She is so cute, you and Steve just have to make a few more... someday... no pressure :P
Post a Comment