Mom's list for Thursday morning...
1. vacuum downstairs
2. complete ab workout
3. empty dishwasher
4. practice for afternoon piano lesson
Daphne's list for Thursday morning...
1. get in the way of the vacuum as much as possible, to keep Mom on her toes.
bonus points for sneaking up behind her and knocking her over, or at least almost knocking her over.
2. sit on Mom's stomach while she tries to do crunches, to help her REALLY strengthen those abs.
bonus points for making her laugh mid-crunch.
3. climb onto and into the dishwasher, to make sure Mom doesn't forget anything.
bonus points for finding something full of water and dumping it on myself.
4. help Mom sharpen her focus during piano practice by hanging on her arms and making as much noise as possible. if this doesn't distract her, cry if you can, or else fake it.
bonus points if you can keep her from ever getting to the piano in the first place.
I'm pleased to report that although Daphne's agenda seems to be formulated to work directly against mine, I successfully completed all but one goal (piano practice). Daphne, however, checked off everything on her list - including the bonus points (hence, no piano practice).
3 years ago
1 comment:
This is hilarious, and so true! I feel pretty accomplished if I get one thing on my to do list done. Kudos for getting three! Maybe Bethany (I know it IS crazy that I know your piano teacher) has some toddler piano prevention tips - her little guy is quite the adventurer.
Post a Comment