everyday my mom attacked me with sunscreen, it was awful!
but the humidity curled my hair, which was nice
I learned to sleep just about anywhere
I attracted the attention of local paparazzi (something about my blue eyes and light hair). of course my parents actually took this picture, but we know of at least two random strangers who took pictures of me as well... what can I say? I look good in a sunhat.
I attracted the attention of local paparazzi (something about my blue eyes and light hair). of course my parents actually took this picture, but we know of at least two random strangers who took pictures of me as well... what can I say? I look good in a sunhat.
shave ice is great - even though my parents only get me the unflavored kind. it's too hot to complain about that
pineapples are interesting
koi fish are weird
my mom is nice
and so is my dad
I wanted to kiss this pineapple but Mom pulled me away
hiking to Waimea Falls is easy when you're in a stroller
the temple grounds are beautiful
I especially liked the fountain area
and the benches
I always fell asleep on the way to the beach
and as soon as I woke up my parents would dunk me - I hated it!
...a lot! (forget what I said about my mom and dad being nice)
so now we're good friends
And now from our perspective... we had a nice visit with Steve's sister (Kristen) and his parents, who were there for the last half of our trip. I really did a bad job of photographing the whole thing - so I don't even have a picture of Daphne with her grandparents. I blame the heat and the humidity. I wish I had better pictures to share!
Basically we just hung out a lot, went to the beach a few times, had shave ice, went to an amazing Thai food place, walked around the swap meet, went to the Dole Pineapple Plantation and Waimea Valley/Falls, saw the Polynesian Cultural Center's new night show (Daphne LOVED that... we were worried she'd be bored or scared but she was dancing and clapping along, totally mesmerized. We liked it too but didn't dance quite as much.)
We took walks in the evening when it was cooler and considered it a success that Daphne didn't get sunburnt. We had a nice dinner with some of Kristen's friends... I almost didn't mention it except that I think it might have been Daphne's favorite part of the trip. The three kids played with her and entertained her all night - bringing her toys and singing her songs. Of course she had the doting attention of parents, auntie and grandparents the whole time... but it's just not the same as with other kids.
We were reminded how different vacations are with a baby. Still fun - but not the same. Much less adventurous compared to our previous Hawaii trip (though I can't say I was too disappointed about having an excuse not to go surfing this time... yikes.) We were happy enough to watch Grandpa learn to paddleboard while we sat lazily on the beach. (And when I say "lazily" of course you mothers out there know what I really mean - frantically trying to keep your kid from eating sand, wandering off, getting burnt, etc.)
I hope I remembered everything. This is so much harder without good pictures and when I put it off for two months. All I'm trying to say is we went to Hawaii and it was awesome and you should be jealous. The end.
1 comment:
Don't worry, I'm totally jealous. The girl is how old... and she's already been to Hawaii? Christian's 31 and he's never been. Definitely jealous! :)
Daphne looks adorable in her sun hat by the way!
Post a Comment