It's one in the morning. I've just finished feeding Daphne. She fell asleep in the process so I'm grateful to be able to put her right to bed. There's just one problem. On the ceiling directly above her bed is a spider. It's moving - so I wait for it to crawl far enough away so that if it drops while I'm trying to kill it, it won't drop onto her. I get on a chair, armed with an empty cereal box. I saw Steve kill a spider like this just the other day. He made it look so easy. Just smash the box up against the ceiling. Problem solved. So I go for it. The spider's too quick! It dodges the box and drops to the ground, then immediately crawls under Daphne's bed. My heart is pounding. I have to find that spider, so I turn to the pantry for a flashlight to help me on my spider hunt. To my horror, I find
this guarding the pantry door!
My first thought is - how did he get there so fast?! Then I realize the awful truth - there are TWO spiders! Luckily this one does not have the ceiling advantage. It's a quick kill, but it still sets my heart racing. Of course, by the time I've disposed of the second spider and retrieved the flashlight, the first spider is nowhere to be found. It's late, I'm tired. I'll resume the hunt in the morning...
3 comments:
Ick! I've never had much of a problem with insects until having kids who are freaked out of them. And I'm freaked out of the kids being bit so now I have to kill them!
Oh my heck, I had something very similar happen to me about a month ago. I put Carly to bed in my parents basement around 8:00. I went to join her around midnight. As I was walking into the room, I noticed a brown recluse spider just outside the door. I tried killing it but when I lifted up the tissue, it ran right under the door and into the room Carly and I were going to sleep in. I too grabbed a flashlight and searched for 15 minutes! I finally found it but when I tried killing it with my shoe, it slipped UNDER the carpet. I had to sleep with a spider! Eeek!
So I feel your pain. Spiders are the WORST! We get our home sprayed now cause I'm such a baby. Good luck finding it. Oh, and do you remember when there were all those baby spiders in my room at Carriage Cove? Ok, this is the longest comment EVER!) One last thing... I HATE SPIDERS!
oh my goodness! that thing looks huge! i hope we dont find one in our place....eeek.
Post a Comment