No, this is not a toddler's declaration of independence - this is what I've been saying to my cell phone every time I grab it in order to use the oh-so-convenient calculator option.
I count my calories (a story for another day) so I'm doing math at every meal. But truly I haven't been doing any math at all - I've been relying on the calculator.
That is, until last week, when I decided this was silly. I never hated math. I did fairly well in all those classes. So why all this addition-subtraction avoidance? The math involved wasn't even complicated! Most times I could easily do it in my head, but without fail I whipped out the calculator.
No more! I'm taking responsibility for my daily number-crunching. Just don't ask me to "show my work".
3 years ago
1 comment:
You're a true inspiration to me Christie! Sometimes I'll search the whole house for my cell phone before I'll think of figuring it out myself. Next time I'll give that 'old' mental math strategy a try.
Post a Comment