I hope my last post did not mislead you. The previous week involved more than just white-knuckles and sweating profusely behind the wheel. We actually had a lot of fun too! Here are some brief highlights for posterity's sake:
The Jelly Belly Factory
This was my third tour, but I still love that free sample counter! Tangerine remains my all-time favorite flavor, but I tried a plum for the first time and my taste buds did not object.
(pictured below: Me, Annie+Madelyn, Emily+Carly)
Sausalito
A cute little town on the bay. My first time here. Though we only walked through briefly, it was charming and I think I'll have to return someday. Especially if that ice cream shop is as good as Annie says it is (we didn't have time to investigate).
Muir Woods
Another third-time experience for me, but always impressive. I love trees! And these are some of the best. Looks like Emily agrees with me.
Oakland Temple
It happened to be closed that day, but it was still beautiful from the outside. And the Visitor's Center is always nice. Thanks for the cameo, Kelsey!
San Francisco: Cable Car
My second time riding one of these. Pretty exciting, especially the steep downhill drops! Also a good way to see more of the non-touristy parts of the city. (Please don't be fooled by the seemingly open seating in the first picture. This was taken after everyone else jumped off. They pack you in like sardines!)
Steve came too!
San Francisco: The Mysterious Disappearing Seals
As recently as November, these docks were covered with over a thousand seals. Now (allegedly because of a drop in the food supply) they are leaving. Down to less than a hundred. Although the smell was less pungent, it was still sad. Annie and I felt it was our duty to add to the diminishing number of blubbery mammals (without adding to the smell, of course). Arf, arf!
San Francisco: Bay Adventure Cruise
My second time around, but still exhilirating! It was a perfectly beautiful day to be on the water. Steve only got a little bit sick.
We love San Francisco! Thanks Emily, Christian and Carly for visiting so we'd have an excuse to return to the city. And an excuse to see Annie (not that I need one... but that's just how life works sometimes.)


1 comment:
I'm sitting here eating Jelly Bellies as I'm reading this, wishing I could still be on vacation! I think we should come back every January. Thanks for the fun week!
Post a Comment