So we got a new camera about a month ago. This means I have not been able to update the blog since then because, well, I'm lazy. A new camera means installing new software on my computer in order to be able to import the pictures from said camera. Such an installation takes time! (about 4 minutes, I discovered today, when I finally installed it...) Anyway, the pictures are now available for my digital use, and I have decided that since a picture is worth 1000 words, I will let them do the talking. Mostly. SO! What's new, you may ask? Well...
We adopted a baby! I named her "Asiatic Lily" but mostly we just call her "Plant".

Steve had to drill a few drainage holes in the otherwise perfect ceramic pot he found for me at a garage sale ($3). I think he enjoyed it...

Lily has grown up pretty fast. In just a few short weeks she went from 3 blooms to 11, and in her entire blooming life she had 27 beautiful flowers... Now we begin a long year of waiting for next spring, when she'll bloom again.

Well, it was a big deal for me, anyway. Closest thing to a garden that I can have right now. In other news, we've been exploring our town a bit more. Checked out the Martinez shoreline/coastal wetlands for the first time...

And met a nice family there...

But it was much too hot in the open sun, so we said goodbye to our new goose friends and drove up into the hills to see what we could see. This regional park area seemed innocent enough, and nicely cool and shaded...

Until we read this sign...

Deciding to leave the mountain lions alone, we drove on and found a fantastic, slightly creepy, old cemetery (I happen to love cemeteries, and Steve was pretty excited as well.) This picture doesn't do it justice, it covered tons of ground on both sides of the road and went all the way up and down the hills. So cool...

But we were stopped by yet another sign...What the...? (In case you can't read it, it says "Keep Out; Goats are present!!! During the removal of vegetation by the goats, the Cemetery is temporarily closed.")

Goats in the graveyard? I expected GHOSTS! Weird... And apparently you need police permission to enter the cemetery whether the goats are in there or not. Not sure why, or how you convince the police to let you in, but somehow we're gonna do it. Even if we die trying. (literally, because then we'd be in there for sure!)
Oh well, it was a fun day trip nonetheless.
1 comment:
You are, of course, hilarious! I love the pictures. How is little plant doing these days? Can't wait to meet her some day. Love you!
Post a Comment