Monday, January 26, 2009

Christmas in January

I finally got a LIBRARY CARD!!! Now I can stop wasting hours and hours at bookstores debating which ONE book is worth the $8-10 bucks it would cost just to read it - only to find out after reading it that it really wasn't worth the money and who knows if I'll ever read it again??? Now I can walk into the library, grab armfuls of books at random (well...maybe not totally at random, but with much less deliberation) and read without the guilt of spending money! It's wonderful. So liberating! I checked out 7 books on Saturday and can't wait to go back for more... Steve didn't quite share my enthusiasm when the lady at the "Library Accounts" desk handed me my shiny new card, but he DID appreciate the fact that it was all free... why didn't I do this sooner?!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Good question! Also, I would reccomend scoping out your local goodwill and library for book sales. We are obssesed with buying hardbacks and for $2 a pop, you can buy a lot of happiness :)