Monday, January 12, 2009

Inspired by Annie

For some reason, whenever people ask me what I've been reading and what I would recommend - I can't for the life of me remember even the last book I read! So for anyone who is interested, here is my "Best of 2008" book list (taken from the list of books I read last year, in the order that I read them) -

To Draw Closer to God by Henry B. Eyring
The City of Dreaming Books by Walter Moers
A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket (this is actually 13 books)*
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis (7 books)*
Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling (7 books)*
Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie*
The Book of Mormon
Believing Christ by Stephen E. Robinson
Ida B by Katherine Hannigan*
Bloomability by Sharon Creech*
The Alchemist by Paul Coehlo
The Peacegiver by James L. Ferrell
The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau*
The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Ear, the Eye, and the Arm by Nancy Farmer*
The Doctrine and Covenants
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
The Giver by Lois Lowry*
Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan*
The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale*
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
Flipped by Wendelin van Draanen*
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Simplify by Carolyn J. Rasmus
Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbit*
Wayside School is Falling Down by Louis Sachar*
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett*
The Christmas Candle by Max Lucado
The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling (only if you're a HP fan)*
God Wants a Powerful People by Sheri Dew
The End of the Beginning by Avi*

*I've starred what you might call the "kids books" because I read a lot of them because I love them and because that's what I want to write, but maybe you're a cynical adult "intellectual" who doesn't like the hopeful magic inspired by children's literature and would therefore like to avoid any contact with it. Well now you can do just that.

2 comments:

Annie said...

thank you thank you thank you...I'll be heading to the library with this list :)

Christian said...

Did Emily put you up to the disclaimer at the end?