You know how "they" say you should be sure of what you're getting into before you get married? And how it's important to really, truly know this person before you enter into such a serious arrangement? And if you get married two months after meeting someone you're CRAZY because how could you know anything about them?! What were you thinking?!?! Holy cow!!! Well, I agree. And I listened. And I waited a year after meeting Steve to start dating him. And then it took us another year before we got married. Two years. That's a pretty good amount of time, right? We should be ready for anything! Well it wasn't enough to prepare me for this...
Fact: Christmas is my favorite holiday.
And I've always viewed the day after my birthday (July 26) as the start of the holiday season for me. I can't help it. From December 26 to July 26 is as long as I can hold out! After that, I just stop trying... But I learned this year that marriage changes everything. "They" were right.
Fact: Steve's birthday is July 27, the day after my birthday, the day I like to start Christmas!!
But (surprise!) he wasn't so happy when I started humming Christmas carols on his special day. And he was right. It wasn't fair. He deserved to have a birthday too. And I needed to learn a lesson in patience. Which means... From now on, I will be postponing the start of Christmas until July 28, in order to respectfully observe my husband's b-day.
3 years ago
1 comment:
marriage is a .... hard thing.
that was sure nice of you to respect your husband's birthday though.
Post a Comment