Steve's parents came to visit for Zoe's baby blessing and wanted to take the kids to a professional photographer. So we did. Unfortunately, the photographer was kind of weirdly intense and definitely too scary for Alex, who is nervous around strangers to begin with. He picked up Alex to move him into position for the first shot and that was pretty much the end of it for our little two-year-old. After a while Alex refused to even step onto the mat. But still the guy managed to get some good pictures of the kids. I think Daphne (a supermodel in the making) enjoyed the experience, though I could tell from her face she didn't understand why the photographer kept making so many weird noises and laughing like a crazy person to get her to smile. She was especially excited about the ones where she got to hold her baby sister. Zoe was good right up to the end, which was nice. Except then she wanted to scream and cry while we were trying to decide which pictures and how many and what sizes, etc. That was a little distracting. So I had to feed her in the "Dressing Room". Then we all went to Chipotle for lunch and everyone felt a lot better. Anyway, here are a few of our favorites...
The best we could get of all three kids together. Alex would just not sit still long enough.
And in classic Steve style, all the pictures were framed and hung on the wall that same day. We are pretty happy to finally have pictures on our walls, after living here over three years! I guess we're not big decorators...
A funny note on Daphne's hairstyle: I suggested to her that maybe she shouldn't wear a headband for the pictures and she started to cry. I guess I should have known better because Daphne wears a headband 24/7 - literally. She wears one to bed and then she switches to a different one when she wakes up in the morning. At least she is starting to move it back to where a headband should be, instead of right at her hairline.
3 years ago










1 comment:
Aww, your kiddies are so cute! Look at those curls on sweet Zoe! What a doll!!
Post a Comment