Monday, March 19, 2012

My Little Sous-Chef

I decided recently that Daphne needs to start pulling her weight around the kitchen. Or maybe I just thought it would be fun to let her help me with the cooking. Either way, she was more than happy to get involved. If she stands on the top step of our stool, she can reach over the countertop, and from there the possibilities are endless. Measuring, pouring, blending, tasting - she wants to do it all!
 kneading some pizza dough

But she's good about letting me have my turn as well.
I think Steve asked her to say "cheese!"

The funny thing is I get no benefit out of this. It always takes longer, and she might mess something up (or just sneeze all over everything...repeatedly...). But it's still fun for me and I know it is fun for her. Which is probably why I enjoy it so much - it's so obvious how much she loves it. 

1 comment:

Emily Jones said...

Love the new posts and definitely love that you're wearing your DARE shirt from how many years ago? Daphne's a little cutie! I can tell she's the light of your life.