Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sick and Tired

Daphne got sick for the first time this week. A nasty cold. As a mom with a baby who started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks, I am definitely spoiled. Now I get to experience the joys of waking up every 2 to 3 hours. To be honest I mostly felt sorry for myself, at first. Yes I know, my baby is sick and all I can think about is how tired I am? What kind of mother am I?! Then I caught the bug. Then I REALLY felt sorry for myself. It took me a couple days of being sick AND tired to learn my lesson. I think Heavenly Father wanted me to empathize with my daughter more than I was. Somehow it clicked last night that maybe I wasn't the only one suffering, and I've been handling it a bit better since then. But we are both still sick and tired... and now Daddy's joining in the "fun". Just in time, too, as his first day at his new job is Monday! We're praying that this will all be over soon and we can get back to being our happy, healthy selves.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Poor girls! I hope you're all over it quickly!!

Youngs said...

sorry you are all feeling terrible - BUT excited you'll be back in seattle, maybe i'll get to see that cute baby of yours!!

Emily Jones said...

Us too, we're sick and tired too! But fortunately for us, it doesn't sound as bad as what hit you guys. Taking care of a sick baby is no fun. Flu shots, get your flu shots!!!