Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Monochromatic

Sometimes when Daphne messes up her outfit in unspeakable ways, I just give up on the cute clothes and put her in a plain white onesie. Here she is propped up by her equally white boppy pillow (white because the colorful cover had to be removed after being dirtied as well.)
But I guess messing up only her clothes just isn't enough sometimes... On days like today, she'll settle for no less than complete coverage - of the pillow, herself and myself... in poop. Still... she's pretty darn cute.
Unfortunately, when we take her out like this, people often mistake her for a boy. So when Steve comes home from work and sees that Daphne's dressed in white, he calls out, "Hi Little Boy!" Oh well, she doesn't seem to mind. Or does she...?
Really I think she's just upset that she lost her ball. Grabbing toys is her newest trick... she's getting pretty good at the initial grab, needs a little work on the follow-up hold. Don't worry, we practice every day!

1 comment:

Emily Jones said...

Just yesterday Carly was mistaken for a boy and she was wearing brown and PINK!!! It made me so mad but I guess it's just something all baby girls have to go through. Doesn't make them any less cute. Daphne is adorable. And it gets so fun when she can start to entertain herself with toys. Enjoy the ride!