If you're wondering why I haven't blogged in a while,
I promise I have a good excuse...
I promise I have a good excuse...
Daphne Lynn
Born May 9, 2010 at 8:59 p.m.
She weighed 7 pounds 6 ounces and was 20 inches long
Thanks to the epidural, the actual labor and delivery wasn't so bad. I felt lots of pressure but not too much pain and only had to push for 57 minutes. Because I had a slight fever towards the end, Daphne had one too so they put us both on antibiotics and wanted to watch her in the Intensive Care Nursery for six hours. As six hours turned into 10 days, we found it hard to be patient and have faith that she would be all right, but the prayers and fasting of our family and friends worked a miracle and she was finally able to come home last Wednesday. The doctors never really found anything wrong with her. They were mostly worried about her very low resting heart rate, but as time went on it gradually increased until there was nothing more to worry about and they let us take her home. Everything has been better since then.
4 comments:
congrats! i have been checking your blog twice a day ( lack of a life i live...) i am so happy that things worked out in the end-- it took a couple hours for them to let us have quinn after he was born .. i couldnt imagine 10 day- so hard-
Finally! :) I feel like I've been waiting forever to see that cute baby of yours! I am so glad everything turned out to be ok. But you definitely need to add more pictures!
Yahoo! Congratulations to you all! Glad to hear everyone is well. Phew. Lots of love to you.
YAY BABY! She's beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!! We need to catch up and I want details.
Post a Comment