3 years ago
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Vacuum Stairs? Check!
I have never been a to-do list kind of person. When I was younger my mom would make lists all the time, for herself and for us (lists of chores, invariably). So at that point in my life I saw a list as a bad thing and I guess I never really got over it. But about three weeks ago, while trying to evaluate my daily productivity, I decided I should give the old to-do list a second chance. So I wrote one up and - I loved it! It felt so great to cross things off as I accomplished them, and it provided clear proof that I had done something useful with my time. Now, at the end of the day, I can look over my list and see if I accomplished everything that I wanted to. I add fun things on there too, so it's not just chores (like "watch Harry Potter movie" - which is on my list for today). Another added bonus is it helps me balance out my schedule, and get my priorities straight. When everything I want to do is right there in front of me, I can decide which things to do first (the "important" things - like reading scriptures, exercising) and which things to do last, or to skip, if I run out of time. Usually I get to everything on my list, but if not, the things I don't get to are the less-urgent, less-important things. So yeah, I'm now a list person. Mom was right - again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i swore i would NEVER have a to do list bc of how i grew up! but i totally have one too! that is one of the first things i do when i get up-sad i know! when i do somehign that is not on my list i still write it down so i can cross it off.. sad life i live
I know I should make to-do lists. When I do, I am much more productive. But sometimes I forget or am too lazy to do it. Hmmm. I'm going to start a to-do list tomorrow and the first thing on it... make a to-do list. Thanks Christie!
Good job.
Post a Comment