Thursday, November 6, 2008

Not the Best

Obviously, I am not the best at keeping up on this blog thing. But we are still alive and still in love, so that's all that really matters, right?

I donated my hair back in August (Locks of Love). It was my little sister Katie's idea, but she got me in on it too, along with another sister - Kelsey. I guess we're just all really generous people! I hated my short hair in the beginning (first time for me) but It's growing on me. haha-literally! It's grown almost two inches since the Big Cut. But also, I've grown to like this shorter look. For now.

Got to visit with Annie (and the cutest baby in the world until I have one) a couple times last week which was SO fun. We had fun reminiscing about the "good old days", making the most difficult sugar cookies, and talking about how crazy our lives have been. Especially that fact that we have both ended up living in the same state thrice. Our friendship is definitely meant to be.

I'm on Round 2 of the Practice Motherhood game. While my mom has been enjoying Mediterranean cruises and other exciting adventures (like cleaning the house in Germany and packing up the rest of their belongings and helping my dad move back to the States), I have been holding up the fort here in Washington. It was fun the first time, but definitely an eye-opener (who knew deciding what to make for dinner could be so stressful?! I mean Steve just eats whatever I make without complaint, but finding something that all three kids are happy with - not as easy as I thought). So I think I'm much better prepared for it this time. At least my expectations have become more realistic. Also, it has been fun to see David and Jennifer (more siblings!) who came to visit last time I was here. Hopefully they'll visit again.

Steve is working, working, working. Busy Season is fast approaching. I'm not sure what to expect, but I know it won't be fun having Steve gone so much of the day. And of course it won't be fun for him! But he's great at what he does, so I just hope I can be supportive. And we still have Thanksgiving and Christmas to look forward to before his work gets too crazy. We're both excited to spend the holidays with family.

I am working on a novel, hopefully to be submitted to a contest at the end of December. So that, along with trying to finish up my 100 books this year, is what keeps me busy. Life is pretty easy at this point. I think that's why we got called into the Nursery. Something's gotta keep me humble and trying to take care of nine 3-year-old kids once a week does a pretty good job of that!

No comments: