We found out Wednesday - we are having a BOY!
I know some people don't want to know, but I think it's so fun to find out ahead of time. It makes it seem more real for me, to be able to call the baby "him" and not "it" and to wonder what he will be like and all that.
Steve and I both felt we'd be happy either way (how could we not be? boy or girl - every baby is a blessing and a miracle) but I am so excited for this kid to join our family. I think it will bring a nice balance to things and I know Daphne will be a wonderful big sister. She's still not clear on the whole gender thing, so when I first told her "the baby is a boy!" she corrected me, "No, just baby." And when I tried a different tactic, "You are going to have a little brother!" she still wasn't convinced. "No, I'm a big sister." But we keep repeating the words boy and brother and I think she is starting to get used to them.
Either way, she is always happy to talk about the baby in Mommy's tummy and that's good enough for now.
3 years ago
5 comments:
Congratulations! That is so exciting.
Congrats! That's very exciting! I wish we lived closer to you guys. Our 2 girls and our 2 boys would be BEST friends! ;) You're going to love having one of each!
Yay!!! One of each is the cool thing to do, so I'm glad you're on trend ;)
Congratulations! We are loving our little guy, so I'm thinking boys are pretty great :) Miss you guys and glad things are going well!
Boy oh boy! hooray
Post a Comment